Virginia Beach – http://rebarcamp.com/vabeach/
I will be helping out an amazing event that is coming down to Virginia Beach.
The event is geared towards the Real Estate Professional community and all other industry niches geared towards Marketing, Technology and Social Media. If you are a business professional in the Tidewater Area, you might want to come register to reserve your spot in this great event.
- Who: Any Real Estate Professional and industry experts who have a DRIVEN desire to LEARN and SHARE
- What: Open session gathering of experts in Real Estate, Marketing, Technology and Social Media. This event is FREE
- When: 10am – 4pm Thursday, July 16th, 2009
- Where: Buffalo Beach Hilltop Plaza
1725 Laskin Road, # 501
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- Why: REBarcamps are great events where industry experts around the nation gather to participate in Learning, Sharing, Networking and Motivating. Expect a highly anticipated Engaging and Fun event to improve our overall success in our business.
Register and Reserve your spot here for free http://rebarcamp.com/vabeach/?page_id=7
Jim Randel has created a brilliant and super simple book called the The Skinny on the Housing Crisis. The book talks simply about how we came about this mess of a Housing Crisis we like to call it. The story is told from a young couple’s viewpoint on buying a home with a mortgage and getting foreclosed on a year later.
If you ever wanted to know the WHOLE process from the very beginning of finding a home with a Real Estate agent to the nuts & bolts reasoning behind Wall-Street and the Finance World to the end result of the Bubble, then this is the book for you. Even if you already are a homeowner or thinking about buying a home, this book brilliantly displays the whole concept in a super simple format to understand.
The great concept behind this book is that is beautifully illustrated in this 168 page book with 2/3rds in Stick-Figure picture format making this an easy concept to grasp that even a 5th grader can understand.
This reminded me of the Sub-Prime Stick figure video that was being passed around the net talking about how Sub-Prime came about, the same concept is applied here and was actually inspired from the famous Japanese Manga stips they have out there.
The housing and finance industry can be very boring and dull to most of the world but Jim’s book really makes it in layman terms so that everyone can understand the concept of the housing crisis. Simplicity is key and I believe because of this successful recipe the book is a must own to everyone who is looking to buy a house or anyone who has a home currently.
It’s quite SIMPLE, just leave a comment on this post and just make sure you fill in your e-mail address and name. I will use a computer generated randomizer to pick a random comment and send the lucky blog commenter the book….
There’s a bonus!!!
Jim Randal’s latest book the The Skinny On:™ Credit Cards – How to Win the Credit Card Game will also be given away too!
This book is amazing and has taught me a few things I didn’t know about the credit card industry and provided me insight on how to not get caught up in the credit card game!
So comment away and enjoy!!
Most people in Virginia Beach have asked me many times if I were a Broker or a Direct Lender?
I usually reply both! Then I get a mixed reaction asking how I can be both?
First lets break down the 3 categories of lenders.
- Mortgage Brokers – Act as the middleman and shops around for loans for the clients, not associated with a bank.
- Loan Officers – Works for direct lenders like Countrywide, Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
- Mortgage Bankers – Works for Banks as Loan Officers but has the ability to broker out loans if needed.
So In essence I work as a Hybrid Lender. My mortgage company Prosperity Mortgage directly writes loans for our affiliated company Wells Fargo 90% of the time. Just in case we need to find a certain loan elsewhere that we don’t carry, as a Mortgage Banker we can broker out loans if needed to without the expense of typical normal broker fees.
Now even though there are certain lender types, I always say it doesn’t matter really about the company it boils down to the individual that represents the loan transaction.